Sunday, March 20, 2011

here we go...

Well, here it is. My first blog in over three years. I must say, I've missed blogging and I'm excited to start again. Also, I may play around with the title of the blog and stuff like that for awhile until I find something that fits all the main ideas of this blog.

Today is officially the start of spring break. However, when you have all online classes, spring break doesn't mean much to ya. The deadlines are hard and fast, and I almost have to study over spring break if I want to pass math class.

Alot of this blog is gonna be about my journey to overcome aspergers, so here is the first taste of that. When I first signed up for classes this semester, I was excited to have all online classes. Since my dad works nights, I thought I wouldn't have to get him up to drive me to school, which was a major plus for me. Plus I am a night owl, and taking all online classes meant I could get up as late as I wanted to. But life has been so boring lately! I stay at home most of the time, I don't have a ton of friends to hang out with, and school provides no variety. Not to mention, for a person with aspergers, teaching myself is nearly impossible, especially with math class. I have found that I learn much better in a classroom enviornment, where the teacher explains the material and I have a chance to ask questions. Teaching myself trigonometry is possibly one of the hardest things I have ever done. Oh well, you live and you learn, right?

I wish these schools would get back to me! It is hard being in a constant limbo, not knowing where I'm gonna be in six months. Huntingdon College gave me a $10,000 scholarship, but their tuition is $30,000. Oh please bama, give me something! And soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment